This post is part of the 📖 300 Email Marketing Tips series.
Today, I am reading a section of TIPS TO CAPTURE & CONVERT TRAFFIC TO SUBSCRIBERS from the first chapter of the brand new book 300 Email Marketing Tips written by Author, Meera Kothand a 3X Amazon best-selling author of the books The One Hour Content Plan, But I’m not an Expert and Your First 100..
Yesterday, we read about TIPS TO CREATE A COMPELLING LEAD MAGNET.
TIPS TO CAPTURE & CONVERT TRAFFIC TO SUBSCRIBERS
None of these list-building strategies will make a difference if the lead magnet you have on hand just doesn’t work Or if your opt-in forms and landing pages don’t “sell” your lead magnet.
These are the places on your site that you can add an opt-in form to boost your sign-up rate:
- Top bar
- Top and bottom of a post
- Exit intent pop-up
- Scroll box
- Below the header or within the header area
- “About me” or “Start here” page (this is one of the most visited pages on your site)
- Resources page
Do you know you can listen to this book on Amazon Audible for FREE?
If you are not into reading like me, then you can listen to this book for FREE on Amazon AudibleDon't Read. Just 🎧
Use Landing Pages
You want to use landing pages to promote your lead magnets.
The focus of a landing page is to get someone to opt into your lead magnet. This is why landing pages convert better than opt-in forms.
You need the following elements on your landing page to convert your visitors into subscribers.
- The title of your lead magnet
- The main benefit or main promise of your lead magnet
- What your lead magnet teaches or what your subscribers will learn from it?
- What will they achieve or overcome by consuming your lead magnet?
- What pain points or problems does your lead magnet solve?
- What desires or motivations does your lead magnet fulfil? What mini transformation does it give?
- Testimonials for social proof
- A screenshot, mock-up, or visual of your lead magnet
Your landing page should be a reflection of the words and sentences your target audience uses to describe their pain points. When it does, your target audience recognizes and identifies with the problem. Your lead magnet also becomes immediately more attractive.
Add Opt-In Forms or Content Upgrades to Your Top 5–10 Most Trafficked Posts
You can find out what these are by going to Google Analytics > Behavior > Site Content > All Pages.
Add a Link to Your Main Lead Magnets in Your Navigation Bar
Create a Subscribe Page
Use Your 404 Page to Build Your Email List
- Your landing page should be a reflection of the words and sentences your target audience uses to describe their pain points.
- Use opt-in forms throughout your website and landing pages to gain new subscribers that showed interest in what you have to offer.
Author(s): Meera Kothand
Part 6 of 17 in the 📖 300 Email Marketing Tips book series.