This post is part of the 📖 Linked Inbound series.
Today, I am reading the chapter 8 Social Selling Strategies chapter of the book Linked Inbound written by Sam Rathling.
This book was written for every individual that knows the huge potential of LinkedIn® but has no idea how to unlock it.
When writing this book, author Sam Rathling Social Selling framework has generated close to £10million in closed business for her clients in a year. Typically, sales directors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, and Experts pick up this book because they are worried about a weak or empty sales pipeline.
Learn, master and implement 8 strategies discussed in the book Linked Inbound and you will catapult your LinkedIn® results, smash your sales quota, build your brand and achieve everything you want in your business.
CHAPTER 1: Principles of Social Selling
Your Social Selling Index (SSI)
Yesterday, we read our SSI score is made up of 4 sections.
- Establish your Professional Brand (Orange)
- Find the Right People (Purple)
- Engage with Insights (Red)
- Build Relationships (Green)
Today, we will go deep into each section and know how we can improve our SSI score on LinkedIn.
1. Establish your Professional Brand (Orange Section)
There are 7 main areas within this part of your SSI:
- How Complete your LinkedIn® Profile is
- Multimedia Links in your profile About section & Work
- Experience Projects and Publications section completed
- Skills and Endorsement section filled out
- Regular Posts, Articles and Content, Creating followers of your Content
- Profile Picture and Banners
- Give Endorsements and Get Endorsements
2. SSI - Find the Right People (Purple Section)
Use Sales Navigator. Sales Navigator is like the Formula 1 Car of LinkedIn®.
The problem is that most sales professionals have no idea how to drive it!
Having a Sales Navigator licence will help to raise your score.
3. SSI - Engage with Insights (Red Section)
Create content and feed the newsfeed with great posts.
Share the content of others on your newsfeed.
Publish articles and engage with people who like, comment and share your content.
Join LinkedIn® Groups, be an active member in Groups to engage with insights in groups
4. SSI - Build Relationships (Green Section)
The Green section of your LinkedIn® SSI is all about building trusted relationships and is usually the section that scores the highest for most people.
Build relationships with Decision Makers
Engage and start conversations with people who comment and like your posts
Prospect regularly, start conversations to build the relationship with people in your target market.
Stay on top of your LinkedIn® inbox and messages, and if you have Sales Navigator, do the same on your Sales Navigator inbox.
That’s it for today. Tomorrow, we will continue to read the same chapter and the same section, The Power of “Givers Gain”.
- The more complete your LinkedIn® personal profile, and the more great content you post to position yourself as a ‘go-to’ expert in your field, the higher your orange score will be.
Author(s): Sam Rathling
Part 4 of 25 in the 📖 Linked Inbound book series.