This post is part of the 📖 Oversubscribed series.
Today, I am still reading the PRINCIPLE #6: VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM section from PART 1 of the book Oversubscribed: How To Get People Lining Up To Do Business With You written by Author, Daniel Priestley.
Are you constantly chasing customers? Why does it seem like some businesses have their customers begging to purchase their goods or services?
Learn how to get your business oversubscribed in a crowded marketplace to make your business stand out and get people lining up to do business with you.
The Book Oversubscribed is the guide to transforming your business into one which customers fight over! This invaluable guide will teach you how to drive demand for your products or services far beyond supply and will dramatically increase the success of your business.
Yesterday, we started reading PRINCIPLE #6: VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM.
VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM
IT’S EASIER TO CLIMB SMALL STAIRS THAN TO JUMP BIG WALLS
When you sell something of high value, like implementing a full and remarkable solution, consider selling it in staged components.
Break the big commitment into a series of smaller commitments that each feels low risk.
INNOVATE THE ECOSYSTEM, NOT THE WINNING FORMULA
If you know your winning formula, don’t mess with it. When it comes to innovation, your goal is to enhance what’s working by innovating an ecosystem to support it.
Feel free to innovate product extensions, improve suppliers, transform your digital assets in line with the times or create an aggressive social media strategy – just don’t touch the core idea that people love.
- Undisciplined innovation out of boredom is dangerous. If ever you feel the restless urge to create something new, the first place to innovate is in the ecosystem that supports your winning formula.
- Innovate but don’t mess with the core idea of your product/service that people love.
That’s it for today. Tomorrow, we will continue to read PRINCIPLE #7: MEET PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE, SPEAK TO THEM IN THEIR LANGUAGE.
Up to now, we read 6 principles
- ONLY OVERSUBSCRIBED BUSINESSES MAKE A PROFIT.
- THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MATTER ARE YOUR PEOPLE.
- FIRST MAKE YOUR MARKET THEN MAKE YOUR SALES.
- PEOPLE BUY WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT.
- BE DIFFERENT AND SET YOUR OWN RULES.
- VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM
Author(s): Daniel Priestley
Part 11 of 30 in the 📖 Oversubscribed book series.