This post is part of the 📖 Oversubscribed series.
Today, I am still reading DON’T ASK FOR THE SALE - ASK FOR THE SIGNAL section from BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS chapter of PART 2 of the book Oversubscribed: How To Get People Lining Up To Do Business With You written by Author, Daniel Priestley.
Are you constantly chasing customers? Why does it seem like some businesses have their customers begging to purchase their goods or services?
Learn how to get your business oversubscribed in a crowded marketplace to make your business stand out and get people lining up to do business with you.
The Book Oversubscribed is the guide to transforming your business into one which customers fight over! This invaluable guide will teach you how to drive demand for your products or services far beyond supply and will dramatically increase the success of your business.
Yesterday, we started to read BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS.
THE CAMPAIGN‐DRIVEN ENTERPRISE METHOD: TURNING PRINCIPLES INTO STRATEGY
DON’T ASK FOR THE SALE - ASK FOR THE SIGNAL
Most companies market their core products for sale. They don’t ask for signals, and they don’t have products for prospects.
Rather than asking people to buy, ask them to signal interest. Let them know that there will be a widget for sale soon and if they are interested in more information, can they please email a request or fill in an expression of interest form.
This is a much lower commitment for people. Rather than having to get their credit card out right there and then, all they have to do is fill in a form, click “like”, or reply to an email.
THE BIG FIVE FOR LEAD GENERATION
Your goal during the build-up phase is to build up buying pressure.
- Joint ventures
- Own data
THINK MOBILE AND MEDIA ASSETS FIRST
The first one to five interactions people have with your business is likely to be on their mobile device in the form of media or content.
If you email people, they will probably see it on their phone first. If you share a video, a photo, a status update, an event invite or a PDF download, it’s probably hitting them on their mobile-first.
When you think about signalling to your clients or potential clients, it’s probably most accurate to picture someone holding their phone.
Thinking mobile and media means doing the following:
- Communicating clearly, concisely and powerfully in bite-sized chunks that link to further content
- Using images and videos that load fast
- Producing quality content, images, recordings, video and telling stories
- Having buttons that work easily on a phone
- Having responsive website pages that look smart on all screen sizes
- Having social sharing plugins that work on a mobile
- Giving frequent updates that connect with people
- Using location-relevant content
- Using context to your advantage
No matter what your business is, you are also a media and technology business.
It’s nearly impossible to become oversubscribed at any scale without the use of media and technology. So if you’re not comfortable with it, you’d better hire someone onto your team who is.
In the build-up phase of your campaign, you need an arsenal of well‐ planned digital assets ready to deploy to people’s primary device–their phone.
- A big part of becoming oversubscribed involves asking people for signals rather than sales. You need the patience to signal your intentions to the market and then let them signal their intentions back to you.
That’s it for today. Tomorrow, we will continue to read PHASE #2: BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS from the Part 2, of the following section THE CAMPAIGN‐DRIVEN ENTERPRISE METHOD: TURNING PRINCIPLES INTO STRATEGY.
PART 1: PRINCIPLES (We read & understand 8 principles)
- ONLY OVERSUBSCRIBED BUSINESSES MAKE A PROFIT.
- THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MATTER ARE YOUR PEOPLE.
- FIRST MAKE YOUR MARKET THEN MAKE YOUR SALES.
- PEOPLE BUY WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT.
- BE DIFFERENT AND SET YOUR OWN RULES.
- VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM
- MEET PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE, SPEAK TO THEM IN THEIR LANGUAGE
- NOTHING BEATS BEING POSITIVELY REMARKABLE
Currently, reading 👇
PART 2: TURNING PRINCIPLES INTO STRATEGY
- CAMPAIGN PLANNING: KNOW YOUR CAPACITY, WHO IT’S FOR AND WHEN YOU CAN DELIVER IT.
- BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS
Author(s): Daniel Priestley
Part 22 of 32 in the 📖 Oversubscribed book series.