This post is part of the 📖 Oversubscribed series.
Today, I am still reading PHASE 4#: SALES FOLLOW‐ THROUGH: PROACTIVELY FOLLOW UP WITH PROSPECTS TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR CAMPAIGN section from BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS chapter of PART 2 of the book Oversubscribed: How To Get People Lining Up To Do Business With You written by Author, Daniel Priestley.
Are you constantly chasing customers? Why does it seem like some businesses have their customers begging to purchase their goods or services?
Learn how to get your business oversubscribed in a crowded marketplace to make your business stand out and get people lining up to do business with you.
The Book Oversubscribed is the guide to transforming your business into one which customers fight over! This invaluable guide will teach you how to drive demand for your products or services far beyond supply and will dramatically increase the success of your business.
Yesterday, we started reading SALES IS A PROFESSION section from the PHASE 4#: SALES FOLLOW‐ THROUGH: PROACTIVELY FOLLOW UP WITH PROSPECTS TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR CAMPAIGN.
SALES FOLLOW‐ THROUGH: PROACTIVELY FOLLOW UP WITH PROSPECTS TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR CAMPAIGN
ENERGY UP, DOWN OR SIDEWAYS
People are emotional creatures–even the ones who claim not to be.
Emotions drive loyalty, trust, connection, and ultimately purchasing decisions more than anything else.
Emotions cause businesses to become oversubscribed.
Emotions are little storms of energy that happen in your customers, clients, team members, and suppliers’ bodies and minds.
We can categorise this energy in three ways: up, down or sideways
There’s a simple principle for leaving people uplifted: do something great that people don’t see coming.
SET YOUR TARGETS AND STAY FIRM
It’s not easy turning people away – but it’s worth it for several reasons:
- Saying yes when you can’t deliver sets you up to fail.
- People will learn not to take you at your word.
- Every person you turn away is a walking advertisement for your brand.
YOU’RE ALSO AN IT BUSINESS
I don’t care if you’re running a bakery, a hair salon, a consulting service or a training company; whatever you do, you’re also in the technology business.
It’s simply not possible to deliver a remarkable experience to your customers without the help of technology these days.
You need a system that keeps track of all your client interactions, one that manages the delivery of your products and one for setting follow‐up reminders and notifications.
Without this automation, you can’t scale remarkable delivery.
To be effective as a campaign driven enterprise, your business will need to be fast at building web pages, collecting meaningful data, powerfully using that data and optimising your business online.
If you’re going to run campaigns and become oversubscribed, you need to know what’s worth paying for, what’s worth doing in‐house and what you can bolt together for free.
- The key to leaving people uplifted is to keep quiet about some of the good stuff you know you can deliver. Don’t talk about it; keep your mouth shut and leave it as a surprise.
If you figure out a way to keep prices low and still make a decent profit, don’t get greedy; use it as part of your winning formula. Keep the price low and make sure people are lining up for it.
Whether you price low or high, remember that the delight people feel is relative to what they paid.
That’s it for today. Tomorrow, we will read PHASE #5: CELEBRATE AND INNOVATE from the Part 2, of the following section THE CAMPAIGN‐DRIVEN ENTERPRISE METHOD: TURNING PRINCIPLES INTO STRATEGY.
PART 1: PRINCIPLES (We read & understand 8 principles)
- ONLY OVERSUBSCRIBED BUSINESSES MAKE A PROFIT.
- THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MATTER ARE YOUR PEOPLE.
- FIRST MAKE YOUR MARKET THEN MAKE YOUR SALES.
- PEOPLE BUY WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT.
- BE DIFFERENT AND SET YOUR OWN RULES.
- VALUE IS CREATED IN THE ECOSYSTEM
- MEET PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE, SPEAK TO THEM IN THEIR LANGUAGE
- NOTHING BEATS BEING POSITIVELY REMARKABLE
Currently, reading 👇
PART 2: TURNING PRINCIPLES INTO STRATEGY
- CAMPAIGN PLANNING: KNOW YOUR CAPACITY, WHO IT’S FOR AND WHEN YOU CAN DELIVER IT.
- BUILD-UP: WARMING UP THE MARKET WHILE SENDING AND COLLECTING SIGNALS
- OVERSUBSCRIBED RELEASE: COMMUNICATING DEMAND AND SUPPLY TENSION BEFORE ALLOWING PEOPLE TO BUY
- SALES FOLLOW‐ THROUGH: PROACTIVELY FOLLOW UP WITH PROSPECTS TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR CAMPAIGN
Author(s): Daniel Priestley
Part 28 of 32 in the 📖 Oversubscribed book series.